Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mmmm... Chlebicky!

Don't try to pronounce Chlebicky, just eat them!  Eat lots and lots of them...
Chlebicky are far better than American sandwiches and if you don't believe me, try them for yourself!  Whenever we Czechs have a party, or even if someone just stops by our home, we're bound to have chlebicky.  But today let's go to one of my absolute favorite places to get chlebicky...Zlatý kříž in Prague.  Get there early though before the lunch crowd comes in and leaves you without chlebicky!!  I once went at 3 p.m....big mistake.  I don't know what makes the chlebicky at Zlatý kříž so good, but they really are the best in Prague.  They're just so fresh and the variety is phenomenal. 

You can make your very own chlebicky at home (I do...often!).  Some of my favorite are roast beef with this creamy horseradish spread and a sprig of parsley; the traditional potato salad & ham with a slice of hard-boiled egg and a sliver of pickle; and the sardine spread.  Mmmm yummy!  Experiment with your favorite toppings and enjoy!

By the way, Kříž is my last name...but no, we don't own the joint...sigh

Address:  Jungmannovo náměstí 19
Prague 1 110 00

No comments:

Post a Comment