Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bah, humbug!

It's way too soon to begin thinking about Christmas (well, maybe just for me November is still considered early), but the reality is that it IS just around the corner.  

Christmas is my favorite holiday and I have a confession... I have already started thinking about it...a lot.  You see, I'm very excited for Christmas this year because we're hosting it!  I'll have a tree again (real, of course) and get to pull out my beloved ornaments and display my Dickens village.  In my mind, there's nothing more heartwarming than the thought of an old-fashioned holiday season in a small European village...cobblestone roads covered with a light dusting of snow*, chestnuts roasting, hot mulled wine and spiced cider, the sound of horse hoofs as they pull a carriage through town, carolers...this, to me, is happiness. 

This being said it makes perfect sense that my favorite holiday movie is A Christmas Carol ..

...(National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is a close second!)

Want to see Scrooge for yourself?  Now you can because A Christmas Carol will be performed at Literární Kavárna in Prague!

From today's The Prague Post, "Prague Playhouse, an English-language theater troupe, is putting on a revival of the classic Charles Dickens novel adapted for stage, A Christmas Carol, Nov. 17-19 and Nov. 24-26 at 7:30 pm at Literární Kavárna on Řetězova 10, Prague 1."  For the rest of the article, click HERE

For tickets please visit Prague Playhouse box office

*The one and only time that snow (unless I'm snowboarding, which I will gladly fly to a snow-covered mountain) is acceptable.