Thursday, July 5, 2012

Family Heals the Soul

As you may have noticed, I haven't posted anything in quite a while.  It was hard for me to sit down and write after my grandfather's passing.  Everything Czech-related just reminded me of him, and I suppose I just didn't want to be hit with the sadness all over again.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still sad; I still think about him daily and miss him immensely.  The thing is, DinDin would have wanted me to post.  He would have enjoyed keeping up with the blog, and so for him I found the strength to start up again.  

My grandfather ("DinDin") was born in the Czech Republic, moved to the States in 1968, and after 40 years there he returned to his beloved homeland in 2008, where he peacefully passed away in his sleep on June 13th, 2012, just 4 months shy of his 96th birthday.  I know he's in a good place and watching over us all with that sparkle in his baby blue eyes.

I'm back in Prague with my parents, family & friends, and I know we'll share many memories about our beloved DinDin.