Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Do you know this man?

Do you know this man?

Neither did I (should I hang my head in shame?). He is Carlos Relvas (1838-1894), a founding figure of Portuguese photography.  And between this photo of him and his work, I like this man... and am honored to now know of him.

I feel as though he takes photos of what makes him happy.  Not that I know, that is just what his photos make me feel
Landscape. Portugal, 1876-1878, New toned print from collodion wet plate negative
Landscape. Portugal, 1876-1878

Sheep, ca 1870, New toned print from stereoscopic collodion negative
Sheep, ca 1870, New toned print from stereoscopic collodion negative

So to all of my creative friends in Prague and anyone else who's artistic, check out his work at Galerie Rudolfinum now through September 15th.  Read more about Carlos and the exhibit at PragueTV