Sunday, April 16, 2017

Eggs & Whips

Happy Easter, Sunday!

If you haven't done so yet, dye those eggs and prepare your pomlázka for tomorrow's whippings gentle whippings.

In the Czech culture, today is a day to prepare for Easter Monday festivities, for Easter Monday trumps Easter Sunday.  

So I tried to be all Martha Stewart last night and dyed my eggs in a manner I have never even seen before, and it was SO. MUCH. *$@#*&%. FUN.  Not only that, it was super fast (cause who wants to be dying eggs for hours) and the color took way better than dipping an egg in a cup of dye and staring at it for minutes.  I highly suggest it to all of you who have yet to dye those eggs.  I may find myself dying eggs at random times throughout the year now simply because I want to shove my hands in shaving cream and slosh them around. Don't judge.

And don't even think about not dying eggs...or you will die.

Here is the video I somehow stumbled upon...

So good.  So, so good. 

Here are my eggs.  I recommend you watch the entire video, unlike myself.  I didn't leave the dyed shaving cream on my eggs for a while, just wiped them off straight away.  What can I say, I'm like a 6-year-old on Christmas morning tearing through presents.  Bur nevertheless, I like the pastel-color look they got.


And I won't die.

My next attempt, this guy:

I did't bake a Mazanec (gasp!), so am hoping that if I bake a Beránek, that all will be forgiven by the Superstitious Gods.

Here's a recipe in case you want to try your hand at Beranek

Men & boys... get your pomlázka ready for tomorrow!  Traditionally made from braided pussy willow, but if said pussy willow is not available, be creative.  And, go!