Monday, April 20, 2020

Eggs ain't just for breakfast

When we think of eggs, most of us picture breakfast - scrambled, over-easy, and my favorite, sunny-side up. Served with a side of bacon, and we're good.

But then we have Czechs. The superstitious traditionalists who believe that an egg symbolizes good luck.  New life, rebirth, marriage - all must be celebrated with an egg. Gasp, you didn't hold up an egg on your wedding day?!  Well then your marriage just wasn't properly blessed.  Who needs a minister when you can have an egg?

I came across this company Czech Eggs whole browsing the Christmas market at Columbus Circle in NYC, and I am smitten.  I must say, this would be stunning at any wedding


Now I don't need to worry about eggs getting crushed in my luggage en route home from CZ...leaving more room in my bag for Slivovice and Becherovka, yeah!